Monday, April 24, 2006

Why Oh Why?

So sometimes Northern New Mexico just pisses me off. Especially when I'm trying to finish a project and NO ONE in the state has the bits I need to finish it. What is the deal? Mike and I have worked hard on the porch. All we need are 25 more caps for the screen (highly underestimated the total required), and no one has it. When we call Lowes you can't even believe what they say. We finally decided to just order the parts from the local True Value. Should be in in a week or so. The whole situation pisses me off though.

On a lighter note. When fixing the enclosed porch we removed all the nesting material from a family of birds. Mike said, "Don't worry. The smell of paint will keep them from re-nesting." Sorry honey. Not the case. The birds are back with a nest even bigger and nicer than the last. There are babies in there now. So we aren't going to touch it. I'm hoping to get some pictures once the babies are bigger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The paint fumes will just make the baby birds... MUTANTS. Sweet.


Hey why are the world's coolest ROCKET SOCKS on your project list in your sidebar??