Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
The mouse does play - she plays in the kitchen re-organizing everything.
As part of my Project 333 I'm going through the kitchen again. Thinking about what I need and what I don't need. I have 4 full sets of dishes. I have a lot of silverware sets. I have too many dishes.
So, what does one do about this? Well I apply my Project 333 criteria to my dishes. I've found that sentimental plays into my kitchen more than my closet. What I've decided to do is move dishes into a temporary cupboard until I can decide what to do with them. Live without them for a while and see what I love and dislike about the stuff that is currently out.
So my cupboard now looks a bit empty - but we'll see how it goes.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Friday, May 20, 2011
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Carol has another great Ten on Tuesday (sorry it is coming out on Wednesday). 10 Favorite Things to do Outside.
1. Just be outside. I love the smells, sights and sounds.
2. Hike/run. Traveling through the woods is a great way to relax and forget about all the crap that we seem to deal with day in and day out.
3. Eat. Back yard BBQing is one of our favorite things to do. Just good inside and eat outside is lovely too.
4. Garden. Putting seeds in the ground and watching them come to life is amazing. I like knowing where my food comes from.
5. Chicken watching. Might sound odd - but there is nothing more relaxing then watching the flock of Kevin's cruise around the back yard. We could spend hours doing it.
6. Hot tubing. We mostly hot tub in winter. But, sometimes in summer as well. In hot water, watching the stars on a clear cool night - AH ... nothing better!
7. Sparkler Dancing. In summer I like to have a ton of sparklers on hand and I like to dance through the back yard with my sparklers.
8. Biking. Something about the breeze through my hair and the peddles beneath my feet that can make any day better.
9. Spinning. I like to take my little wheel out and get some good spinning in.
10. Chess. Yep. You heard me. We have a board that we keep outside and we like to sit with a cool cocktail, listen to the rustling of the leafs in the aspens and play a good game. I normally beat the crap out of Mike - but it is fun none the less.
What do you love to do outside???
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Monday, May 09, 2011
Monday, May 02, 2011
You might be wondering how Mike and I are doing with Bend's departure. I know we kept getting calls from people. Grief is a strange thing. For a few days all I could do was cry and now I cry at strange moments. Out of the blue something will make me think about him and I'll loose it.
I finally put together a big photo book of Bend and we get to pick up his ashes this Thursday. I'm sure it will be emotional, but the closure will be good for us.
The girls are having just as hard a time dealing with Bend's departure as we are. Methow waits for him at night and wont come to bed. Moab is super happy and likes to run around quickly.
Sunday, May 01, 2011
Today it is snowing out. Snowing on May first, what in the world is up with that? I found this massive moth on the front step of our house this weekend. I'm glad one of the cats didn't eat it (because the vomit from this large moth would have been too much for me to handle).