Monday, May 02, 2011

Doing okay?


You might be wondering how Mike and I are doing with Bend's departure. I know we kept getting calls from people. Grief is a strange thing. For a few days all I could do was cry and now I cry at strange moments. Out of the blue something will make me think about him and I'll loose it.

I finally put together a big photo book of Bend and we get to pick up his ashes this Thursday. I'm sure it will be emotional, but the closure will be good for us.

The girls are having just as hard a time dealing with Bend's departure as we are. Methow waits for him at night and wont come to bed. Moab is super happy and likes to run around quickly.

3 comments:

EsterElla said...

I haven't gone through a pet death yet... so I can't say I feel your pain. But as a kitty mama myself, I adopted both of my cats with the knowledge that one day I will have to deal with their departure... and I'm not sure how I'll handle that. Not well at all, I expect.

I'm so so sorry this has happened to you. But I'm glad to hear you're allowing yourself to let it out and cry when you feel like you need to. That seems to be healthier than bottling it up.

Sending you guys hugs and snuggies <3
XOXO

Lynne4444 said...

Just read about your loss. My sympathies. There are no words.

Avivah Smith-Nelson said...

I had to put down Patches Monday too. It wasn't a good day for cats and their mommies. I've been the same way - every time I turn around I see something that reminds me of her. We had her 11 years too. Weird...