Monday, April 10, 2006

Got to love the alpaca





I bought this yarn up in Taos with my buddy Susan. I fell in love with it. SUPER soft. From Peru and baby alpacas. At $12.95/skein it wasn't cheap ... but well worth the price.

The vest was started on Thursday night and finished on Saturday morning. Fast for me. The pattern came out of the back of a knitting murder mystery. So of course I had to try it. The book wasn't that great - but the pattern was easy to understand and written well.

The question is ... how do you not buy yarn when your cats think it is as soft as their mother? How can you not buy it when all you want to do is pet it? How can you not buy it when it knits up faster than any other yarn you have ever bought? The answer - of course you can't!

On another note, the word synergy is to no longer be used. I hate the word. It makes my skin crawl with tiny little vernacular bugs. From now on, when the word is being used, I will replace it with cyclone. I like that word a lot more, and so should all of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another word to deep-six:
ECLECTIC!!!! If I hear it used one more time to describe home decorating I'm going to hurl....

Miss Karin