Monday, July 03, 2006

Noises In The Night

I love lightning and thunder. I love the sound of rain on the roof. It has rained pretty much every night for the past 4 days, and it has been lovely. In particular, I love it when there is a flash of light, which wakes you up. And then the rumble or snap right on top the house. Makes you think the lighting must be right on top of you. I can't remember there ever being electrical storms in Alaska. Nope. Never. An engine fell out of an airplane and landed in my friends living room, but never any lightning and thunder. I absolutely love it.

I'm sitting out back, in the dark and thinking about getting a photo of the storm. Is it possible to catch lightning? I've been trying. But, it seems like by the time I see it -- it is already too late.

One one thousand - SNAP.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a little-known fact that lightning cannot be photographed.

Anonymous said...

How come I have a photo in my office of lightning over santa fe? What a rip!