Friday, March 20, 2009

Going Green #7.



Well here are my latest two. First off I took my utility bill and checked out water. It says that in a month I use 42.0 (units of water). I had to call and ask WTF does this mean. Turns out I used (this past month) 4200 gallons of water. The previous month was 8000 gallons of water. What is the difference from? I have no real idea - but I've started plotting out water usage and things we've changed (like toilets). Hopefully that sheds some like on it.

My new "going green" question ... to eat meat or not! What does eating meat mean for the environment? What does it mean for people? A lot of go green books will say that eating meat is bad for you and the environment because of the way meat is raised. What is in most market meats. And what a large number of cows do to any given area. I haven't done a ton of research into this topic yet. Maybe this weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you should only buy meat from the LA farmer's market.

D

Anonymous said...

I am so afraid to look at our water usage now....but you have me intrigued....I'll let you know what ours is...Bean