Saturday, October 18, 2008

Los Alamos Fun



Today was an interesting day. Busy and fun. I got up at 2 am to take Mike to the airport. Came home and went back to bed for a bit. Got up to prepared for the day. Met Becca at the coffee shop for chatting, knitting and caffeine. There was a guy walking around with some time of radio on his back. I'm not sure exactly what he was doing ... but I say .. ONLY IN LOS ALAMOS!

I met up with Dana and got our toenails done (dark blue with flowers). Next Krista came up into town and we all went to the ski swap (where I bought new back country cross country skis). Finally I got a good yoga workout in (trying not to mess up my shoulder any more ... okay so the story is that I messed up my shoulder dancing and have to start physical therapy this next week. Something about swollen tendon or something.). I invented a new type of stir fry and am now relaxing with the cats. Ah ... what a long day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dude,

I've seen that guy around town before - he's some sort of ham radio operator who talks to people in other countries - interesting cover? or just a hobby? Bean

Unknown said...

I see him every day walking along trinity on my way to work. Sometimes I see him at starbucks. I always assumed he's an anti-nuke. He reminds me of the people around the nuclear reactors that carry detectors (usually the wrong kind, too, but why disabuse them?)

Freaks. Only in Los Alamos.