Tuesday, November 06, 2007

LIFE WISH

One of the things that I miss about Seattle is the morning bike commute. This past weekend I decided that I'll just start commuting by bike here. It is a bit more intense than my ride in Seattle, but well worth it. I've biked into work on and off - but people always try to scare you with the, "You might get hit by a car." I let this stop me for a while. But, while reading a climbing magazine ... there was a quote from a guy that I took to heart. He of course was talking about climbing without ropes. I'm only talking about bike commuting. "It isn't a death wish - but a life wish."

Details of this mornings commute. 38.8 degrees out. Left the house at 5:40. Was physically in my office by 6:40. Showered, dressed with first cup of coffee in hand by 7am. I now feel like everything is right with the world! My plan is to come in by bike Tuesday-Friday each week. Now all I need to do is get a bike locker outside my building!

No comments: