Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Strange

This past weekend was warm during the day and a bit cooler at night. It actually rained as well. And then last night - it DUMPED. Filled our rain barrel with one rain. It was 50 degrees this morning and 80% humidity (odd for the Southwest), but lovely! I tried to take a photo of my garden this morning - only to find that the camera was out of batteries. Doh!

Now for the strange bit. On Saturday Mike and I were watching Star Wars. Yes, good old fashion Star Wars 4. Or I like to think about it, the first movie! We started talking about our misconceptions as children. Here is my list:

1. The storm-troopers were robots.
2. Princess Leia and Luke will end up together.
3. Chewbacca would be a good snuggler.
4. All the cars in Grease 1 were taken or traded in races, so there were only motorcycles left; which is why in Grease 2 there are only cycles.
5. E.T. was the scariest monster alive. Not the cute cuddly candy eating freak that he turned out to be.

Odd, how age makes us see things in a different light. Leia and Luke - YUCKY.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok - when I was a kid, my mother told me that I didn't want to see Les Miz because it was about stealing bread. And I believed her.