Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Steak - Moab - Carpet??

Last night I'm defrosting some steaks for Courtney and Mike. They are pre-sealed in plastic and sitting in the sink under water. The potatoes on the grill are taking forever and I'm in the living room knitting. Mind you, Moab has already eaten the husk from a corn and proceeded to throw it back up on the carpet.

Then, I hear this noise in the kitchen. And I see a flash of dark color near the sink. I think, "Courtney is just getting some ice water or something." But then, I see Courtney walking into the living room from the other direction. I get up, go into the kitchen .... only to find.

Moab on the floor in front of the sink with one of the steaks. They are large steaks mind you (and she is a small cat). She has pulled it out of the water, out of the sink and onto the floor. She is gnawing at the plastic and has managed to get a hole in the side. Blood is leaking out and she is licking it up (while standing over the steak). Bend is standing near her just watching with this look of, "I had nothing to do with this!" on his face.

The carpet has to be cleaned, the steak was saved, and Moab sat at the table all night begging Mike for more.

This morning she barely woke up because of the steak coma she was in. Must be nice to be Queen of the Kitchen Steak.

No comments: