Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Well ... All's Well That Ends ... Well Just End Already!

So, the movers delivered furniture today. Furniture that survived the fire. A few things to note. First they were suppose to be here in the morning and didn't show up until 11:30 and then took a lunch break. Then they worked until 2 when they left again. They also have one more full truck to deliver. And we were suppose to already have all our furniture by Monday. All of that said ... pretty much every piece of furniture I've unwrapped has been beaten up in some way. The bed room set in particular was knocked about so hard and then they used wood filler ... like I wouldn't notice. I've left messages for the company that has done the work and the insurance person. I hope that I get some sort of satisfaction on this soon. I feel like each load they bring in is yet another disaster waiting to be unwrapped. Photos coming soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that - I know first hand how hard it is to find good/interesting furniture in this state! When we got home from your house on Sunday Ian told Dave he hoped our house never had a fire - I think he got the message that you guys were getting the shaft! Bean

Lynne4444 said...

Arrgh, that's got to be frustrating. Sending you good thoughts. and hoping for no more bumps and bruises in the furny.