Friday, December 19, 2008

Washington DC





I only really had 2 full days in our capital. While there I went to The Mall. Loads of museums and the zoo. I took a few photos. Although it was dumping rain most of the time I was there - so the indoor stuff was much better than the outside. The butterflies were in the butterfly room at the Natural History museum. The animals were in the zoo. Going to the zoo when it is raining a bit and 35 degrees means there are NO kids and hardly any other people as well. It was very nice. Oh - and everything is free. How cool is that??

I found that in two different cases people were beyond nice with homeless people in DC. First, there was a guy in Starbucks that the employees let warm up, use the restroom to get clean, and gave him hot coffee and yesterdays pastries. Second was at a hair cut place where they gave weekly hair styling and washing to two homeless ladies. I was overwhelmed by the kindness of these acts.

No comments: