Tuesday, February 06, 2007

When Spring Attacks





Spring is in the air. The temperature has been increasing quickly. It went from freezing to 50 degrees ... which of course means the large mound of manure and compost on the side of the house is smelling WONDERFUL right about now.

I also placed an order for lady bugs and praying mantis. I figured they would ship them in spring. To my ... not so happy surprise ... they showed up this weekend. I read the instructions and it says that I can leave them in the fridge for up to 2 months. I guess these babies are going on ice.

1 comment:

Miss Scarlett said...

Isn't that weird?
I ordered some last year and they came 2 weeks before they could be released. Then they were supposed to be released slowly - like over a period of a few days.
It was a little creepy having a package of living things in my fridge!
I found you through Stashalong and was just scrolling down the page, so I don't know where you live but - Praying Mantises? I am thinking you must be someplace warm.