Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Calm Before The Storm

As I sit here, in the calm of the den with the three cats, an apple and a fire, I know that chaos and all hell will break loose soon. I can feel the pressure from the drivers on the road (and they aren't even in Los Alamos County). My father and Chris are down in Chimayo and will be heading back up soon. Courtney is outside of Albuquerque and will be here in an hour and a half. Frank, Mike and James are on the by-pass and will be here in 30 minutes. Needless to say I feel the pull of my bed room and pjs.

So far this visit we have already had a number of yelling matches (some with me - but mostly between other people), one full blown adult melt down (yes - they happen and let me tell you ... NOT PRETTY), my hands are raw from cleaning (cleaning up mostly after other people), and at this point I'm about to toss other people's crap around just to get it out of my face.

I know - deep breath - it is family. I love having them around. I like a big house of crazy during the holidays .... but for these few moments ... I'm going to relax and enjoy this apple. It is crisp, simple, and exactly what I need.

No comments: