Monday, August 03, 2009

Garden Veggies - Baked Up.


When taking the photo for this - Bend wanted to model the zucchini pretty bad. I figured I'd post one photo of him trying to be a vegetable model.


The garden is starting to kick with veggies and the question of what to do with loads of zucchini always comes up. Thanks to Courtney for planting these seeds - she was helping out in my garden this spring and she is the actual person that pushed the seeds into the ground.





This is a modified recipes from another blogger. I love putting ginger into my sweet breads and have used it with zucchini and banana before. Here is a wonderful bread recipe for your Monday work day -- I hope you enjoy. I like to make these loaves of bread all summer long and freeze them for the winter.

2 cups unbleached flour
1 cup mix of wheat flour and rolled oats
1 teaspoon salt, baking powder and baking soda
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini (roll in a paper towel to dry off some). The single zucchini in the photo was the perfect amount.
1 lemon zested up
1 cup candied ginger - diced

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8 1/2 x 4-inch bread pans. Mix all the ingredients and pour into pans. Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.


No comments: