Sunday, June 21, 2009

Oh Bend .....


(I just noticed that this photo - taken before I took him to the vet - was Bend napping while I watched Blade III)

For those of you that don't know, Bend has been having accidents for a while. This has been painful in oh so many ways. Trying to figure out what is wrong with him. Vet appointments. You might remember the ultrasound just a few weeks back. Well this past week I was talking with the vet and she decided that the best course would be to flush his bladder. Which is putting a hose up there and washing the whole thing out. I was to leave him there for the weekend.

I dropped him on Friday morning and have been missing him terribly. Saturday morning I called to check on him. Just to see how his first night away from home went. Turns out they found that he has bladder cancer. Looks like all the crap they saw in the ultrasound is actually cancer. I'm getting a second opinion (they are sending off all of the results to Colorado). But, it doesn't look good. According to the vet, if this is what he has, then we should put him down. I've been crying all weekend and can't really think about it. I get to pick the big guy up Monday morning - hopefully he is feeling more comfortable by then.


Methow has been spending most of the weekend napping (like normal) - but every once and a while she notices that I'm upset and she tries to make me feel better. What a nice girl!

1 comment: